Saturday 18 February 2017

Unexpected Answered Prayer


A couple of months ago, I had the privilege of being a part of the Eastward Canvassing Program five weeks of canvassing in Western Australia. On our first day out, I met quite a few eager people who would read the books, but couldn’t afford them. They all seemed to be interested in The Great Controversy as well, and seeing as that is too good a book to miss an opportunity with, I gave a few away.

Later on in the afternoon, I was making some rough calculations in my head, and figuring I really needed some more donations to cover my costs for the day. I prayed, and asked God to give me some donations.

The part of town we were in had an expansive view of the city, which meant lots of steep winding driveways to large posh houses. My friend and I climbed one such driveway, and knocked on the door. A middle-aged man answered the door, and we explained what we were about. He wasn’t interested in God and religion. In fact, he told us he was currently reading a book on evolution and really enjoying it. But he was friendly, so we chatted for a little bit, commenting about the view and so forth. I asked for a donation, and, to my surprise, he willingly gave us a donation although he wouldn’t take any of our literature.

It wasn’t until we were at the bottom of the driveway and beginning the next climb I realized: God had just answered my prayers. He gave me a donation the very next door after I’d prayed for it. Praise God I was well able to cover my costs that day!

It also amazes me how God works through people who don’t even acknowledge He exists. It’s fascinating – and also somewhat humorous – to think that unbelievers and even staunch atheists are supporting the spread of the good news by their donations. Praise God who works out everything “according to the eternal purpose which He purposed in Jesus Christ our Lord: in whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of Him.” Ephesians 3:11-12

So keep trusting God, and don't be surprised if He answers your prayers through ways you weren't expecting!

-Jess :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your encouragement is always appreciated!